Welcome Volunteer Team Leaders
We Need YOU!
Volunteer Team Leaders provide the leadership, guidance, direction and a role model to inspire our volunteers to carry out their role in a happy, efficient manner.
Before submitting an application, please read and accept the following:
Volunteer Team Leader Code of Conduct
Thank you in advance for your enthusiasm and hard work. We acknowledge the importance of your contributions to the SBMF in providing an enjoyable yet safe and structured environment. . . we couldn’t do it without you.
Commitment, Ethics and Expectations
- All volunteers will be honest and trustworthy.
- Volunteers are required to work as a team to contribute to the festival ‘atmosphere’.
- Care and respect is paramount in working with colleagues, artists and patrons.
- Promote the festival in a positive way. Never say or do anything detrimental to the festival.
- Complete the duties assigned to you by the Volunteer Manager and your Team Leader Handbook.
- Be punctual in all dealings with your team and the Volunteer Manager.
- Ensure the Volunteer Manager is kept informed about changes in your circumstances.
- You will be expected to organise your own time to carry out your role as a Team Leader.
- You are responsible for your own accommodation over the festival weekend.
Safety & OHS
- The influence or consumption of alcohol on duty is not allowed. Use of an illegal substance
will forfeit access to the festival and entry pass.
- You must let us know of any medical condition that could affect your performance of your duties.
- We require you to provide us with a responsible emergency contact in your application.
- Be acutely aware of your surroundings and strive to create and encourage a safe and enjoyable
environment for all.
- Wear your ‘TEAM LEADER’ name-tag whilst on duty.
- Keep your mobile phone on (silent!) in case you need to be contacted urgently.
- Put safety first in all activities.
- Work only according to your level of competency. Report to your Team Leader
when confronted with a situation that is beyond your capabilities, role or responsibility.
- Be on the lookout for any issues that may cause problems and report to the Volunteer Manager.
- Co-operate and work together as a team with other team leaders.
- SBMF Volunteer’s Insurance will cover you only while you are assisting at the festival.
- Have a reasonable understanding of the line of communication and accountability within the festival.
- Seek advice whenever appropriate.
- Keep your Volunteer Manager informed on any changed circumstances.
Offer To Volunteer As A Team Leader
Feel free to copy and paste your preferences in the box below.
- MC’s, Sound and Stage Management
- Green Team and Cleaning
- Office and Administration
- Venue Preparation, Setup and Maintenance
- Marquee Erection, Maintenance and Pack-up
- Gate Ticket Sales and Traffic Control
- Green Room Preparation and Supervision
- Setup and Management of Camping Areas
- Vendors and Community Market
- Merchandise Procurement and Sales
Terms Of Agreement
Please Note: As a Team Leader you need to be available for the Volunteer Briefing on Thursday Evening and Debriefing on Monday Afternoon. You should also be readily contactable
(in person or by phone) from Thursday Evening through to Monday Evening.
Submission of your application form below will confirm your agreement to this Code of Conduct. A serious breach of this code could result in the volunteer being relieved of duties, loss of access to the festival and loss of entry pass.
- I have read and agree to abide by the Sandford Bush Music Festival Volunteer Team Leader Code of Conduct.
- I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks at the times and places rostered.
- I will not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs within my rostered hours.
- I agree to provide a responsible emergency contact with my application.
- I agree to fulfil the role assigned to me as directed by the Volunteer Manager and the Team Leader Handbook.
- I will work with care and diligence to ensure that visitors are welcomed and treated with care and respect.
- I agree to contact my Volunteer Manager as early as possible if circumstances affect my availability to fulfil my role.
- I understand and agree that no financial payment will be made by the SBMF for my services as a volunteer.
- I agree to wear my ‘TEAM LEADER’ name tag whilst on duty.
- I understand and agree failure to complete my shift without ample notice or satisfactory reason could result in
forfeit of my entry pass and/or invoicing for the cost of the weekend pass.
- I agree to organise my own accommodation to be able to attend the SBMF as a volunteer.
- I am over 18 years of age.